"If you have come here to help me, then you are wasting your time. But if you have come here because your liberation is bound up in mine, then let us work together" -Lilla Watson, Aboriginal Activist

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dear Mom and Grandmas

Dear Mom, Grandma Mary, and Grandma Kay-

Happy Mother's Day!

As I've become immersed in this culture where motherhood is such a pervasive part of everyday life, I've found myself thinking more and more about what it will be like to one day be a mother myself (emphasis on one day).  In the process, I've only come to appreciate what an amazing feat of selflessness, patience, and understanding it is to raise a child and be its parent. 

Let alone how amazing it is that I have a mother and two grandmothers who are all three supportive of my choice to join the Peace Corps, who read my blog, and who still manage to send me letters, care packages, and Easter cards no matter where I happen to be living in the world. 

Enjoy your day, I love you all!

xoxo,
H

No comments:

Post a Comment