"If you have come here to help me, then you are wasting your time. But if you have come here because your liberation is bound up in mine, then let us work together" -Lilla Watson, Aboriginal Activist

Friday, June 4, 2010

Dear CeCe

CeCe!

It feels as though its been forever since I saw you in D.C. I hope you are well! You must be getting pretty excited about your London adventure, yes? I wish I could come visit you!

I stumbled into an art gallery in Antigua today and ran across some paintings by this Puerto Rican artist Patrick McGrath, and I immediately thought of you. I thought you might find them amusing. They reminded me of a lot of the art we saw in Europe...although clearly with some modern humor attached. I think you would really love Antigua...it really reminds me of Spain, like Sevilla or one of the smaller cities we toured through. Cobble stone roads, old churches, cute little cafes and restuarants. Its so Spanish, and so different from the rest of Guatemala, it shocks me every time I go. But I find it quite pleasant especially on those days that I really need to sit in a cafe and relive my Europe days.

I miss you and hope all is well in St. Louis. Keep me updated!

Love,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. HANNAH!

    Somehow, this post totally escaped me. Jessica told me about it earlier today.

    Really enjoyed looking over the artist's work -- quite cheeky and smart. Like it very much.

    And, it makes me so happy that you thought of me.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete