"If you have come here to help me, then you are wasting your time. But if you have come here because your liberation is bound up in mine, then let us work together" -Lilla Watson, Aboriginal Activist

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,

Nice talking to you guys on Sunday. I hope you're enjoying the start of summer. I leave tomorrow morning for a site visit to a volunteer living in Estancia de la Virgen, a small aldea outside of Chimaltenango (it's about a 2 hour bus trip from where I'm living now.) I'll be staying with her and shadowing her until Saturday, so I won't be updating until then. Just didn't want you to worry.

Also, I received your packages today! Thank you SO much. I've already eaten about half that bag of M&M's...what a wonderful wonderful treat. Is the Cubs hat for Mario? He'll love it. Dad just loves sending Cubs paraphanalia to all ends of the world, doesn't he (one could argue that's propoganda...just saying).

Thanks again and enjoy your week, and if I don't talk to you, happy birthday on Friday!! I'll be thinking of my old ma. :)

Love,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hann,

    SO glad you got the goodies! Yes, the Cubs hat is for Mario from your dad. What can I say ???
    It was great talking with you too. I'm sorry I didn't get to say bye, I wanted to let you and Em have a chance to catch-up. Your doing such meaningful work in Guatemala. I'm very proud and a little envious :)
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete