"If you have come here to help me, then you are wasting your time. But if you have come here because your liberation is bound up in mine, then let us work together" -Lilla Watson, Aboriginal Activist

Monday, November 8, 2010

Welcome to Antigua!

After arriving Sunday night I headed straight to Toko, this amazing falafel restaurant near the hostel where I was staying. The owner is this Dutch guy who loves PC volunteers (we are some of his best customers). Once my friends and I were seated and had ordered he brought us over some colored plastic tupperware cups (the kind toddlers drink apple juice out of) and a bottle of rum, on the house. To celebrate, he said. Every time I came close to finishing my cup, he topped it off with more rum. So there we sat, eating, listening to the owner's travel stories, and drinking rum out of children's cups. Lots of rum. By the time we left to walk home, I was drunk. I've barely touched a drop since getting here in April, so that rum went straight to my head. Made for a very fun Monday morning of volunteer meetings. Welcome to Antigua!

No comments:

Post a Comment