"If you have come here to help me, then you are wasting your time. But if you have come here because your liberation is bound up in mine, then let us work together" -Lilla Watson, Aboriginal Activist

Saturday, October 9, 2010

6 Months!

I've been in country 6 months. It's hard to believe. I bought myself a ridiculously overpriced package of Oreos in Coban to celebrate.

Classes finished this week at my schools, next week is exams, and then vacation. I actually have a lot of work to do...big teacher workshop to lead next week, and planning my summer camp for early November. Also need to make some final arrangements for the house I want to move into. It's weird, because I remember when I thought I'd never be busy here.

7 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    and you are getting pounced at christmas. get ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations and enjoy those Oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Hannah,

    So when do you move? Did you find you place in the country? Sounds like you have a busy week ahead. I'm off today - thank you, Columbus!!!

    Package on the way to you. No Oreos, but I'll try to remember those for the next shipment! I'll be curious to see just how long it'll take. 1 1/2 to 3 weeks I believe was the "range." (of course, Guatemala is where the delays take place, so they say)

    Love ya!
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I miss you all..

    I'll look out for your package, Cass...I'm super excited!

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the 6 mos. mark! You do have plenty to celebrate. So proud of you! Sounds like you've got a lot going on. Hope your camp is a great success. Counting the days 'til Christmas!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hannah
    Congrats on your 6 month milestone- I'm very proud of you. Mom and I were talking the other day and the subject of bread pudding came up. Mom said you and I were the only ones who liked it, so I thought that might be a good women's club recipe. Then I wondered if you have bread or just tortillas. Oh well I'm just randomly pondering. I'm looking forward to your Xmas visit.
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Mom...we made your Irish Soda Bread sans raisins last friday...turned out pretty good...very cake-like.

    And yes, Dad, we are the only ones who like Bread Pudding...and no, bread isn't very common up in their village...just tortillas. ...Tortilla pudding?

    Can't wait for xmas either!
    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete