"If you have come here to help me, then you are wasting your time. But if you have come here because your liberation is bound up in mine, then let us work together" -Lilla Watson, Aboriginal Activist

Monday, October 4, 2010

Dear Beth

Dear Beth,

I just wanted to write and thank you again for your message, your pending care package (so excited!), and your wonderful words of support and encouragement.

You have always been so great at being there and cheering me up when I really need it. You know just how to put things in perspective for me.

Like you said, I need to make sure not to measure my success (or happiness) on things I can't control. And I know now that I need to continue surrounding myself with those people who have really been there to support me through this…and they've made themselves known.

You've come so far, Beth…you're gonna be a lawyer! You even write like one, now. Can't wait to hear more about what's going on in your life these days. Keep doin what you're doin.

Talk soon,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment