"If you have come here to help me, then you are wasting your time. But if you have come here because your liberation is bound up in mine, then let us work together" -Lilla Watson, Aboriginal Activist

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Welcome home

First day back in Guatemala; it feels a lot hotter here after being back home in Chicago. No complaints, though. The evacuation of the Verapaces is still in effect; we have an informational meeting on Monday to discuss the situation and find out when we can go back to site.

I stopped by the PC center yesterday on my way back from the airport, and the new training class was there, fresh off the boat. There are 54 new trainees, and rumor has it that two of them will be my new site-mates once Jareau leaves in March. I didn't stick around too long, but seeing all the new trainees with with that unmistakable deer-in-headlights look about them made me think back to training and thank the high heavens that I never have to go through that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment