"If you have come here to help me, then you are wasting your time. But if you have come here because your liberation is bound up in mine, then let us work together" -Lilla Watson, Aboriginal Activist

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bad karma?

And yet again I am challenged to stay positive in this mess of a situation. Yesterday was volcano hike day, but alas I woke up quite ill and had to stay behind. This is day 3 of some really horrible stomach issues, so today I'm heading into Xela (the nearest city) to the hospital where at least I won't be alone and I can have my own bed. I also won't have to worry about putting other volunteers out, which has become a theme these days.

So plans have unraveled, and it looks like I'll be spending Superbowl Sunday in a hospital bed. Awesome. I'm hoping I'll recover enough by Tuesday to go somewhere nice and relaxing (I'm thinking back to the beach). At least I'll look super good in my bikini.

Once again, I'll just have to trust that something good will come out of this. Because right now, this sucks.

1 comment:

  1. Aw my little HG. I'm so, so sorry. I hope you're feeling better and that you aren't spending your birthday at a hospital!! I hope you have time to post today so that we all know how you are! With any luck you're at the beach right now strutting your 24 year old stuff. I love you and hope you are able to enjoy your big day. ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete