"If you have come here to help me, then you are wasting your time. But if you have come here because your liberation is bound up in mine, then let us work together" -Lilla Watson, Aboriginal Activist

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fog

Sometimes when I'm having a down day, I turn to my Daily Om's, daily yogic emails which I save in my gmail archive if I like them. Today, I turned to an old Daily Om entitled "Fog," that ended up really hitting the nail on the head for what I've been going through during this evacuation limbo.

"When we feel muddled and unfocused, unsure of which way to turn, we say we are in a fog. Similar to when we are in a fog in nature, we may feel like we can’t see where we’re going or where we’ve come from, and we’re afraid if we move too quickly we might run into something hidden in the mists that seem to surround us. Being in a fog necessarily slows us down by limiting our visibility...By and large, most of us prefer to be able to see where we are going and move steadfastly in that direction, but there are gifts that come from being in a fog...Then again, the fog may simply be teaching us important lessons about how to continue moving forward with extreme caution, harnessing our attention, watching closely for new information, and being ready to stop on a dime."

Off to the beach tomorrow.
One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment