"If you have come here to help me, then you are wasting your time. But if you have come here because your liberation is bound up in mine, then let us work together" -Lilla Watson, Aboriginal Activist

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dear Mike

Dear Mike,

I miss you!

Today my host sister and husband are taking me and the kids to the zoo in Guate City.


And guess who I met? Remember when I was telling you about the plastic bottle-school project? The girl who started that program, Laura, is still here working as a third-year volunteer. She came to the training center on Thursday to greet us. She’s a Youth Development Volunteer, like I will be, so she will be working closely with my training group in the next couple of weeks. I really hope to get to talk with her more and find out how I might get involved with the bottle-school project.

I miss you too much.

lytm.

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment