"If you have come here to help me, then you are wasting your time. But if you have come here because your liberation is bound up in mine, then let us work together" -Lilla Watson, Aboriginal Activist

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Just one of those days

I've always had a tendency to bottle things up inside until I reach a breaking point. And yesterday I reached that point. Training is really hard. So many small difficulties, frustrations, and doubts can really add up and create a generally stressful experience. I lost it yesterday at the training center, just totally lost it. I immediately felt better after my cry, and although embarrassed, knew that it was bound to happen. I finally got home after riding 2 chicken buses in the rain, and as usual, was bombarded by my 3-year old host nephew, who immediately barged into my room and started rummaging through my wet backpack. Today of all days, I really just wanted to be able to put my stuff down and have some alone time--by this point, clearly an impossibility. Too mentally exhausted to try to communicate my need for space to a 3-year old, I thought to myself, "What can I do with this bored kid?" So I turned on the Beatles on my laptop, turned the volume up, and started dancing. Without exchanging any words, Mario caught on and joined my dance party. And so we danced in my room to the Beatles. It was actually kind of fun.

3 comments:

  1. It will only get easier...I'm glad you had a dance party! Always helps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, banana, I'm sorry you had a bad day. Keep your chin up, kiddo! I'm glad Mario came to your rescue...even if he didn't know it! Keep repeating your mantra...one day at a time.
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...this is why i love you hannah

    ReplyDelete