"If you have come here to help me, then you are wasting your time. But if you have come here because your liberation is bound up in mine, then let us work together" -Lilla Watson, Aboriginal Activist

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

Dear Mom, Grandma Mary, and Grandma Kay,

Happy Mother's Day!!
Wish I could be there celebrating with all of you!

Here, Mother's Day is always the 10th, and it's quite the occasion for celebration. There have been parties going on since Friday. I made cards for my host mom and my host sister (since she's a mom, as well!).

I hope you'll accept this blog post in place of a card.
I hope you have time to garden, relax, and enjoy your day! I miss and love you all.

Love,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah,
    Thank you for the Mother's Day wishes. I wish I could be with you, but I'm comforted to know that you are well and affirmed about your choice to join PC. Didn't do any gardening today but I plan to very soon! Went to IKEA after lunch at G.Ma Kay's. We had broken almost all of our glasses, now we are replenished. Feeling good today...green tea is my joint relief of choice :) It really seems to help. Give my best to your family in Guatemala. Tell them I said "thank you" for taking such good care of my daughter. Keep up the great work on the blog. G.Ma Mary is reading it and enjoying it too.

    ReplyDelete